Hi, My name is Desiree and I am a widow, mother, entrepreneur and traveler. I started blogging back in 2017 as a way to journal our family’s travel adventures. When my husband passed away in 2019 I stopped for a while. Grief took over and I just couldn’t decide whether to keep the blog name the same or not but over time I realized I can still have that lifestyle that we worked so hard for. We can be happy and live a full life just like he would want us to. I realized that to be able to stay home with our daughter and give her the attention she needed I had to remain self-employed. I put all of my energy into things that could produce income from home and now I want to help other widows and solo parents do the same.
Losing your spouse is one of the hardest things you will ever go through. Nothing about being a widow is fair which makes it so much worse. I could write a whole blog post (and probably will) on the ways that widows get the short end of the stick but the point is that I would love to help some mamas and daddies out there figure out a way to stay home with their babies if that’s what they feel is best!
Life is meant to be lived and God has shown me just how quickly things can change. I’m not wasting another minute!
Facts About Me
- I was born, raised and still live in South Carolina.
- My daughter is the center of my universe and I will do anything for her.
- I hate to exercise.
- I do intermittent fasting…only because I want to be in decent shape without exercising.
- My Jeep Wrangler has always been one of my many dream vehicles. I have a slight obsession with cars…and shoes. 😬
- I wish we hadn’t spent 20 years accruing “stuff” that now I alone have to figure out what to do with.